5 Types of Strategic Risk
John Spacey, updated on March 23, 2021
Strategic risk is the potential for the business environment to threaten your ability to execute a strategy. The following are a few types of strategic risks.
1. Competitive RiskThe risk that you lose ground to competitors as they improve and innovate.
2. ChangeThe risk that change such as new technology with threaten your business model.
3. Regulatory RiskThe potential for new regulations to disrupt your business.
4. Political RiskPolitical events and conditions can disrupt business or impact the economics of an industry.
5. Economic RiskThe potential for economic conditions to affect your strategy.
Business RisksThis is the complete list of articles we have written about business risks.
If you enjoyed this page, please consider bookmarking Simplicable.
A list of common business risks. The four things that can be done about risk. A list of techniques for reducing risk. The potential that you'll achieve too much of a good thing.
Any risk that people have a strong aversion too.
The surprising similarities between risk and opportunity.
The difference between risk management and contingency planning.The common types of uncertainty in decision making and strategy.
The common types of inventory risk.
An overview of common business risk management techniques.A list of economic theories that are particularly useful for business.
The tendency for people at high risk to buy insurance.
A list of economic positions or capabilities that allow you to outperform in a particular industry.A definition of knowledge work with examples. A definition of production with examples.
An overview of post-scarcity.The common types of economic infrastructure.
The common types of business competition.The common types of inefficiency.
An overview of supply with common examples.
TrendingThe most popular articles on Simplicable in the past day. Recent posts or updates on Simplicable. Site Map