- The percentage of time that a service or resource is up.
- The percentage of time that a service or resource is available when it is expected to be available such as during business hours.
- The actual uptime of a resource as a percentage of its expected uptime.
- The uptime of a facility, infrastructure component, machine, device, service, product, function, system, business capability or process.
- It is common for availability to be calculated relative to 24/7/365 uptime. For example, an IT service with availability of 99.99% is down for less than 5 minutes a month.
- Services and resources that are only expected to be up during certain business hours are calculated against this business schedule.
- Some industries commonly exclude planned maintenance schedules from availability calculations.
Also Known As